4th International Accessibility Conference
on Hearing Loops and Hearing Technology
Friday 6th to Sunday 8th October 2017 in Berlin, Germany
Initiated by the International Federation of Hard of Hearing People (abbreviation: IFHOH) Deutscher Schwerhörigenbund (abbreviation: DSB) will carry out the 4th International Accessibility Conference on Hearing Loops and Hearing Technology from 6th to 8th October 2017 in Berlin.
The overall aim of the conference themed Future Loops is to have a look at the latest Loop technology and the many forthcoming alternatives providing access in Public Places.
International exchange of experience:
- Inductive Loop Systems: technology and planning, microphone setup, care and support, future visions, database
- Newest technology: iPhone-Couplings, Wifi, Bluetooth, Greta&Starks, Infrared, 2.4-GHz-Standards
Conference sessions will include:
- Internationally recognised speakers
- Experiences from all around the world
- State of the art Hearing Loop Technology
- Stakeholder perspectives (User, Audiologist, Service provider, Hearing aid Manufacturer, Loop Manufacturer, Architect, Installers and maintainers, Advocates)
- Lectures and Discussions
- The Impact of legislation
- Installations and understanding complex Hearing Loop Systems and related Technologies
- Demonstration area
The Conference is designed for anyone interested in accessible technology for people with hearing loss and sound systems. We are focusing on: consumers, audiologists, hearing aid and cochlear implant industry provides, sound engineers, architects, audio/visual designers and installers, facilities covered by disability laws, accessibility committees, manufacturers of assistive listening devices, advocates and others interested in this technology.
Conference Center - Hotel Steglitz International,
Schloßstraße/Albrechtstraße 2, 12165 Berlin
Tel: +49(0)30-790050, Internet: www.si-hotel.com
For accommodation a room allotment is available. Please use the room allotment code: IFHOH Loops,
If you want to extend your Hotel stay by one or more nights aside the given Conference term 5th–8th October 2017, please make a note of your extension request at booking step No 4, Wishes to the Hotel.
A variety of highly attractive options are available to organisations, businesses and professionals wishing to feature or promote their services and products at the Conference. This includes Gold, Silver and Bronze packages that will allow Sponsors and Exhibitors to gain maximum exposure while supporting and participating of the Conference.
Future Loops will offer an exciting and varied Programme that will provide knowledge of technology, exchange of experience and social motivation.
, 5th October 2017 - Evening Welcome for international guests
, 6th October and Saturday
7th October - The Main Conference
- Friday Evening Berlin Highlights tour with dinner
- Saturday Evening Entertainment in a restaurant nearby
, 8th October - Cultural programme or independent discovery of Berlin
- For members of DSB: Annual General Meeting
Conference languages: English and German, simultaneous translation, Speech-to-text Interpreters, loops and hearing technology
For more information please contact:
Gudrun Brendel, Conference Manger, IFHOH-2017 [@] schwerhoerigen-netz.de
Deutscher Schwerhörigenbund e.V., please contact:
Renate Welter, Vice President, dsb [@] schwerhoerigen-netz.de
About the International Federation of Hard of Hearing People IFHOH
About the Charity Aktion Mensch
DSB would like to thank the Aktion Mensch most sincerely for the generous support of the Conference.
Short address for this web page: